Apr 23, 2018

Looking Ahead...

  

After 33 years of orthodontic specialty practice I'm excited to finish my career almost exactly where it began: in general dentistry.  As a young dentist, I enjoyed doing many general  practice procedures, but these books tell me that some things have changed and I look forward to taking advantage of the advances that have been made. 

I think of my great grandmother Flora who was born at the end of the covered wagon era, but lived to fly across the country in an airliner.  My "bookends" won't be as dramatic as that, but I look forward to reflecting on the perspectives I will gain being a general practitioner again, if only for a couple of years.     

I am also energized by the prospect of returning to Guatemala, where I was a young missionary some 46 years ago, and where Cynthia and I will be helping orphans and other young people who would otherwise have no access to dental care of any kind.  Dentistry will now be a fulfilling hobby, instead of a livelihood--no fees, insurance forms, accounts receivable or expenses to think about!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting. The local Guatemalans will be lucky to have your expertise, and kindness. A perfect end to your career!

    Is this the official blog title then??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, this is the title, at least for now :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.